Bed Bugs Control
Perth’s Most Reliable Commercial Locksmith
What are Bed Bugs?
Bed Bugs are small parasitic insects that feed on the blood of their host (person).
They usually live around your bed and can be transported on clothing, bedding, bags or furniture. However they may reside in other places like cinema or theatres and hitch a ride home with you. Bed bugs are the ultimate hitch-hikers!
Bed bugs are brown in colour and about 4mm to 5mm long (about the size of an apple seed). They can be easily seen on white sheets and move very fast when exposed to light.
Bed bugs are flat but after eating they turn red and swell up to twice their body size. Sounds pretty gross.
Surveys worldwide are showing that the number of instances of bed bug infestations are rising. This is mainly because people are travelling more and spreading the problem from one place to another.
Bed Bugs are not a pleasant thing for any home or business owner to have. They pierce the skin and suck your blood so that can cause infections as well as insomnia and anxiety.
The bad news is that they are notoriously difficult to get rid of.
How Do You Know if You’ve Been Bitten?
Bed bugs will mostly feed on you at night while you are sleeping and you will be completely unaware of it at the time.
Some of the Signs
- Do you think you’ve been bitten in bed?
- Do you have red blotchy marks (bite marks) or welts usually on your upper body or arms which are itchy?
- Have you seen blood stains on sheets?
- Have you seen brown bed bug faecal spots of bed bug shells, or skins?
- Have you slept in other people’s beds, B&Bs, backpackers or hotels that could have had bed bugs?
Where did the Bed Bugs in My House Come
As previously stated, bed bugs are the ultimate hitch-hikers, they make have come from a whole range of places. Example are:-
- Your workplace
- Someone else’s home or business
- A car, bus, train, plane or cruise ship
- A theatre or cinema
- A nursing home or daycare centre
- A government or public building
- Schools or Universities
- Hotel, motel, bed and breakfast or back-packers
So knowing for sure where they came from is very difficult.
A common myth is that bed bugs are attracted to dirty or filthy places. That is not the case. They are blood-sucking insects so are attracted to anywhere they can get a meal.
Why is it So Difficult to Get Rid of?
There are a number of reasons bed bugs are difficult to get rid of:-
- They are hitch-hikers and can very quickly move from one area to another.
- They don’t just live in beds. They can live in small cracks and orifices in walls, around your bed-side table and other furniture, around bedding and mattresses, in bags, floor cracks or behind wallpaper or picture frames.
- They reproduce very quickly laying thousands of eggs so a minor problem can turn into a major infestation fairly quickly.
- Bed bugs can go long periods without eating.
- Bed bugs are developing resistance to some pesticides.
How Do I Get Rid of Bed Bugs?
It is almost impossible to get rid of a bed bug infestation without help from expert pest control specialists.
At Aus Pest Control, our technicians are experts at getting rid of Bed Bug problems in Perth homes.
Contact Aus Pest Control for your Free Quote for our Pest Control and Bed Bugs Control services.
Bed Bug Treatment and Removal
Aus Pest Control Treatment and Removal includes:
- Inspection of the affected area
- Removal of all visible Bed Bugs
- Apply Treatment to the affected area (fast, effective and non-toxic)
- Advice to the homeowner or business owner about the infestation
- Bed Bug warranty.
Call Us for a free bed bug inspection and quote today.
Why Choose Us?
- Your inspection will be done by a qualified and experienced Pest Control technician
- We are very competitively priced
- We are available at short notice to all Perth suburbs
- We provide free Quotes
- We provide warranties for your peace of mind
- We only use treatments which are safe to your family and pets
- A service you can trust